Stay In The Game ...
4 Step Plan!
I. CALM (Character and Life Management)
Character: "An accumulation of thoughts centered on what
we think of ourselves." Alex-Zan
- Good Character and thinking right puts you in position to
manage your life to be and do the best.
- Good Character provides you with the right attitude to focus
on your needs and to make Positive Life Choices.
- Good Character enables you to be responsible and respectful
of yourself and others.
- Good choices and thinking right will keep you in the sports
and life game to encounter unlimited possibilities.
II. JT's Play by Play (Good Play Choices)
Choices: "the plays you choose at this moment will determine
what happens in the moments to come." Alex-Zan
- JT- 24/7- Just Think before you disrupt your life/education,choosing
friends,being dishonest and doing anything stupid.
- Mego - Do not allow your ego to block your personal growth
and development. (It's not all about you).
- BMLP - To Be the Man, Leader or Player, you must be of good
character,a role model and example for others to see. (It's
not what you say, but who you are and what you do.)
- 1st T - Put Team First (Together Everyone Achieves More)
III. JT's Post Game Plan (Whistle Blows
- Game Over)
Transition: Making the move from the sports game to the life
- The Pit Stop (Players In Touch) - Establish and maintain a
support network for players to address life's challenges and
- BSM - Have A Be Still Moment to think, identify and develop
your talents and gifts beyond sports.
- 2 Connect - Reconnect with family, friends and seek ways to
reach out and be a servant to others.
- ATM (At This Moment) - Focus on the moment at hand and discover
your purpose. (Don't allow yesterday to steal Your today).
IV. JT's Plays for Life (PFL)
- Daily Life Pledge - Affirmation
- 10/90 Plan - In Life, things happen and change, with or without
your permission. Keep in mind, 10% is what happens and 90% is
how you respond.
- IMC (In My Corner) - Establish a positive network by identifying
a person or persons you can talk with and trust, and who will
listen to you.
- JT's Place - Designate a place for you to Think, Reflect and
Assess Who you are, What you are and Where you want to go in
the midst of today's challenges.
Life is good, bad and sometimes tough
It can be happy, sad, smooth or rough
There are stumbles, tumbles, but you can win
Life is picking yourself up and starting again
(Excerpt from Live,
Love and Learn, by Alex-Zan)
JT's Bonus - JT's Parent Plan
PATH (Parents Are The Heroes)
Be a good example for your children to see
Listen, Honor and Respect what they choose to be
You must love, guide and give them your best
Become the model and PATH for their success!!
© Alex-Zan 2007
"To get back in the game, Think Right, Do Right
and Be Right." Alex-Zan
Maximize your team's potential
Book Alex-Zan to do a creative, innovative Think Shop for your organization
From This Moment On, Be Responsible, And .... Just Think!!
and Need for "Stayin' In The Game With JT"
The objective of Stayin' In the Game is to assist individuals
in character development, life skills and promote respect for self and
others. The Game initiative will further provide tools for participants
to make positive life choices both within and beyond sports.
One need only turn on their television or radio or pick up the newspaper
to be exposed to the barrage of stories that highlight the serious decline
of morals and values taking place in our society. It is imperative that
we, as a society, reconnect to the importance of character, respect and
JT can serve as an agent of change in how participants see, think and
act in making society a better place for everyone. Derek Mitchell, a junior
basketball player at Howard University made this profound statement:
"JT can really help athletes who simply react without thinking.
Young people look up to athletes as role models. When they see sports
figures engage in negative behaviors and generally get away with it,
youth think that there are no consequences to being irresponsible. JT
can also help the sports world and society in general to be more aware
of what they say and do, because people are watching them."
Hear from those who have found "Stayin' In the Game With JT"
to be a wonderful asset to their program or curriculum!
"Alex-Zan, JT (Just Think) really gets to the point. The character
is the most exciting and empowering figure I've seen in my 20 plus years
of coaching and mentoring. JT's positive message of listening and thinking
is the impetus for making choices; whether it be in sports or the daily
challenges of life. Society would benefit greatly by embracing JT and
taking a moment to "Just Think."
Coach Ken Wood
President of Coach Speaks
"The Thinkshop, "Stayin' In the Game With JT,"
truly captured and penetrated the minds of our campers and coaches. The
creative props and unique catch phrases that were presented were constantly
repeated by everyone throughout the week. Thanks Mr. Alex-Zan! You and
JT are priceless assets for today's athletes and society's lack of moral
"The Making of Champions" Basketball Camp
"I'm a former high school, college and semi-pro football player
whoa also participated in basketball and track. For over 20 years I have
worked as an administrator in the field of Juvenile Justice. "JT"
was able to benefit me in a very serious personal situation that I was
challenged with. I was faced with some unexpected problems and was so
angry that if it had not been for that image of "JT I felt, planting
himself on my shoulder, I might have lost it and could have - NO, would
have - experienced some major consequences in what was going on in my
mind at that time. I believe many lives and situations can turn out differently
if they have someone as simple as JT to make them "JUST THINK."
The initial design for The Game is a grip card that will be distributed
to every student athlete and coach. The card is a vehicle and will
serve as a reminder to participates to THINK before they act or make
choices in any situation.
Additional design items to reinforce this concept include the "JT's
Play by Play" for athletes, and the JT's Play by Play" for
schools, youth groups, etc. - both of which contain various catch
phrases to promote positive ways of expression, problem solving, and
coping abilities that are easy to remember. And 18 x 24 poster of
JT is also available for posting.
- Become independent and critical thinkers
- Opportunity for the development of teamwork and leadership skills
- Enhance academic achievement and educational opportunities beyond
- Increase public safety in schools and in the community as a whole
- Opportunity for students to become positive and productive citizens
- Before you disrespect yourself or anyone
- Before you disrupt your education
- Before you open your mouth
- Before you put harmful things in your body
10% is what happens, 90% is how you respond
- National Presenter
- Author - I Feel Good About Me® Motivation Kit
- National and Local Award Winner
- Children's TV Producer/Host - Dazzlewood Treasures©
5530 Percheron Court, Suite C
Phone: (804) 321-3636
Fax (804) 321-3660